Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Adventures of Dating Justin Fallon Part 1

The Adventures of Dating Justin Fallon Part 1

As of today, Mr. J and I have been dating for exactly one month. Two and a half weeks of that month was spent in a blissful face-to-face courting. This mostly took place watching films in his living room as we shoved as much quality time into my short visit home over break as we could. The other two weeks have been spent over text, call, and video chat across a span of exactly 1,663 miles.

I'm not sure how much truth is found in the statement "distance makes the heart grow fonder." My heart is currently at such an elevated level of fondess that I'm actually unsure if it's due the distance or if it's just something magical that he does to me regardless.

I must say, however, dating is a strange thing to do with a person you can't see face to face. We can't plan dinners or outings or cute activities to do as a couple. Much of our evenings are spent sitting on our own beds discussing our days and recent discoveries in spirituality and prayer.

My favorite part about Justin Fallon is his mind. His wit, cunning, and expertise seem to know no end. Fortunately for me, this part is shared very easily through technological communication. I can't hold his hand or hug him tightly, but I am comforted each night by his thoughts, opinions, and words of affirmation. (And jokes about socks).

It has only been 30 days since I agreed to be Justin Fallon's girlfriend. It seems so short a time but I still feel very achieved. I'm pleased The Lord sent me a friend who turned out to be much more than just a friend but someone very special to me. A friend to challenge my stances and to interest me in film and television I thought beyond my taste. He thinks before he speaks and apologizes when he's wrong.

If 30 days was all I got with Justin Fallon, than I'd be 30 days the better. So today we celebrate our first small checkpoint on a road to, I hope, many many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment